The Druid Hills Civic Association, today, announced the 2016 Druid Hills Tour of Homes & Gardens and Makers Market, 22 - 24 April 2016.
(880 Clifton Road is one of six homes featured in the 2016 Druid Hills Tour of Homes. Image courtesy Druid Hills Civic Association.)One of the longest running and premiere tour of homes in Atlanta, the 2016 Druid Hills Tour of Homes & Gardens and Makers Market celebrates its 48th year with six homes and one garden that feature the work of master renovators and landscape designers:
- 393 The Falls Court, Mary Emma and Dan McConaughey
- 1092 Springdale Road, Melanie and Mac Platt
- 938 Springdale Road, Joni Winston
- 940 Springdale Road, Michele & Jimmy Etheredge
- 1072 Oxford Road, Ann and Stephen Yarbrough
- 880 Clifton Road, Angela and Brian Orkin
- 1026 Clifton Road, Lindsey and Dr. Peter Sones
- Makers Market on Saturday 10:00AM – 9:00PM Slice & Pint Parking Lot, Emory Village
- Local Bands on Saturday 5:00 – 9:00PM, Slice & Pint Parking Lot, Emory Village, featuring 688 Band (Ron Huey, Nic Huey, Charles Calhoun and Price Carlton) and Bradley Cole Smith
- Druid Hills Youth Music Showcase on Friday 5:30 - 7:30PM, Emory Village Plaza, featuring the Red Handed Band – CeCe Yarbrough, Charles Eastman and Nate Marquardt; Rowan Kennerly and Friends; duet by Chase Calhoun and Taylor Liebold; and solos by Charles Eastman.
- Patch Dash 5K Fun Run/Walk and Tot Trot on Sunday 8:00AM (requires registration and entry fee; proceeds benefit Press On To Cure Childhood Cancer: www.pressonfund.org.
- Fernbank Elementary Open House Saturday and Sunday from 11:00AM - 3:00PM
- Lullwater Conservation Garden Plant Sale
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. Groups of six or more are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Tickets may be purchased in advance on the website: www.druidhillstour.org. Proceeds from the tour and events benefit the Druid Hills neighborhood, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.