The Trumpet Awards, created in 1993 to celebrate and honor African-American achievers and those who support the African-American experience, announced its list of 2015 honorees Monday morning.
Among those selected to receive a Trumpet Award is fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger.
The Awards honor accomplishments in diverse fields including law, medicine, business, politics, the Arts, civil rights, sports, entrepreneurship, entertainment and other careers.
Those selected to be honored include:
- Lou Brock – Baseball Legend
- Arnold W. Donald – President and CEO of Carnival Corporation & PLC
- Jamie Foxx – Academy Award-winning Actor, Musical Artist and Comedian
- Guy Vickers – President, PVH Foundation & Senior Vice President, Global Community Relations
- The Isley Brothers – Recording Artists and Songwriters
- Janelle Monáe – Singer, Songwriter, Producer and Model
- Dr. Valerie Montgomery Rice – President and Dean, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Franklyn R. Wilson – Chairman, Sunshine Holdings, Ltd., Bahamas
The Trumpet Awards show will be held at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre in Atlanta on Saturday, 24 January 2015, with the Red Carpet at 2:00PM and the Awards Show taping at 4:00PM.
The Television Show will air on Saturday, February 21st on TV One.