I didn't even watch the news, Monday evening. I guess I should have, because Monday evening, the mainstream media began reporting on a story that started right here on this very blog.
Blogs Rail Against Georgia Democrat (video courtesy WSB-TV)
A few weeks ago, I began writing about the criminal history of Rashad Richey. Rashad Richey is the political director for the Democratic Party of Georgia.
Rashad Richey was arrested twelve times in Fulton and DeKalb counties on a variety of charges including burglary, driving with revoked license, battery, family violence, obstructing an officer, and violating probation. Richey's first arrest came in 1998.
Democrats, here in Georgia, hired Rashad Richey; paying him over $75K.
Those are the facts, and these facts came from public record. You can read the facts, and judge for yourselves. Below are the nine posts I've written about Rashad Richey's criminal past:
- The Georgia Democratic Party's Political Director is a Criminal (first published April 17, 2012)
- Georgia Democrats Pay Over $75K to Keep a Criminal on Their Payroll (first published April 18, 2012)
- Georgia Democrat Director of Politics Kept on Gail Buckner's Payroll Even While in Jail (first published April 19, 2012)
- Readers Respond to Richey's Recidivism (first published April 20, 2012)
- Will Recidivist Rashad Richey Get Secret Service Clearance for Obama's Return to GA? (first published April 24, 2012)
- Conservative Bloggers Ask Why the MSM Isn't Covering Rashad Richey's Criminal Past (first published April 27, 2012)
- Georgia Democrats Say No Comment to Political Director Rashad Richey's Recidivism (first published April 28, 2012)
- Democratic Party Political Director Assaulted Girlfriend & Kicked In Her Front Door (April 29, 2012)
- GA Federation of Democratic Women Prez Tried Keeping Woman Abuser Out of Jail (first published April 30, 2012)
It was suggested by Georgia Democratic Party chairman Mike Berlon, in his interview with WSB-TV, that legal action may be pursued against me. I never knew telling the truth was illegal.
Regardless, I think it's time that I lawyer up.
Even though I am confident I would emerge victorious in any legal battle the Democrats might wage against me, it doesn't hurt to have some back up.
Anyone who wants to donate to my legal defense fund can do so securely and conveniently through PayPal.
As always, I thank everyone for reading Georgia Politics Unfiltered. Thanks for the emails, the comments and most importantly, the news tips. This site would be nothing without the readers. Thank you.